Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Megan Willome Writes

Megan Willome is a member of my writer's group WOW (Women of Words) and a good friend. She will be on a panel discussion this weekend at the Patrick Health Public Library in Boerne TX, sharing her story of incorporating her mother's cancer into her poetry book. In case you didn't read my first post on Megan's Book:


Here is the link to the book on Amazon, where you can buy the book, download, etc. And here is Amazon's brief description:

Part memoir, part humorous and poignant defense of poetry, this is a book that shows you what it is to live a life with poems at your side (and maybe in your Topo Chico®). Megan Willome's story is one you won't want to put down; meanwhile, her uncanny ability to reveal the why's and how's of poetry keeps calling—to even the biggest poetry doubter. If you already enjoy poetry, her story and her wisdom and her ways will invite you to go deeper, with novel ideas on how to engage with poems. A great title for retreats, poets & writers' groups, and book clubs. Or, if you're a teacher who has ever been asked, "Why poetry?", this book is the ready answer you've been needing. Includes extras like how to keep a poetry journal (this is not just about putting poems in a journal!), how to be a poetry buddy, and how to take a poetry dare.

Personally, I found her book delightful to read. Look for poems by another writer among us, Sally Clark, who has been published many times as a poet. This small group of writers is an incredible inspiration for me. We meet once a week and share what we are writing for a critique that is always valuable.

Megan is an editor for the Wacoan, and also writes for the magazine. If you google her name, you will find some of her writings and more about Megan. Happy reading, my friends!

Linda Kay 

8 comments:

Gosia k said...

It seems interesting..

Mage said...

Later, when I am home from work, I'll read her books and links.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Sounds good! Thanks for the links..I'll go check these out! Hugs!

Jeanne said...

Hi Mary Kay, I finally was able to visit your Blue Monday post. I would love to look up the writers you mentioned and it is so nice that you have a book club of writers to share with. love poetry as well.

Have a great time with your writer friends.
Hugs,
Jeanne

bj said...

How fun to belong to a writers group...bet you have lots of fun.
xo

Janie Junebug said...

Congratulations to Megan. I love poetry.

Love,
Janie

Anvilcloud said...

I don't read poetry, not because I don't appreciate it but because I never get around to it. Oh well.

Lowcarb team member said...

Poetry is wonderful ... it can be so expressive.

I also think the written word can help in so many situations.
Many thanks for the links.

All the best Jan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...