Friday, October 14, 2016

Last Friday Art Walk

You may recall that every first Friday we enjoy an Art Walk among the art shops here in Fredericksburg. This is as much a social event as it is artistic, as we usually spend a good deal of time visiting with friends and neighbors sipping our wine and nibbling on snacks. I took a few snaps of ones that were intriguing and some find work by local artisans.


At Larry Jackson Art and Antiques


At Hanna Gallery, also featuring work by MaryNell Dance


Insight Gallery


One of my favorites, so perfect in the detail, at Insight


Adorable work at River Rustic


At the Artisans - won a ribbon at the Mesquite Show.

And a thought to leave you with on this Friday...


Have a wonderful weekend, this middle of October!

Linda Kay

20 comments:

Tom said...

I like the oak leaves and acorn craving.

Patricia said...

An Art Walk is a great concept, and sounds most enjoyable. Love the leaves and acorn too, as well as the train.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

The art walk must be a joy to see!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

All safe and snug

Mike said...

At first the racoon looked like it was on a TV.

William Kendall said...

The raccoon is my favourite.

Big Sky Heidi said...

That really looks like fun!

Lin Floyd said...

fun activity, I need to go to some art shows too.

Nonnie said...

I love the train. What a fun way to spend Fridays. Great idea. Your graphic is cute.

Gail said...

What a wonderful way to enjoy an afternoon.

LOVE the sign...I have friends missing, too.

fishducky said...

LOVE the one from River Rustic!!

Lea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lea said...

I love to go to this type of thing. The raccoon is my favorite.
Hope you have a wonderful week-end!

Tabor said...

I love venues where the art styles are broad and local. You are lucky to have this. I would buy some and then have too much stuff in my house.

TexWisGirl said...

cute laugh at the end. :)

LOVE the raccoon! wow! and the kid, too.

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks such a fun and sociable event to go to.
Liked seeing all your photo's.

Enjoy your weekend

All the best Jan

Grantham Lynn said...

Wow What a fun place. We really need to take a drive down there one weekend!
Thanks for sharing this.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like some beautiful work:)

Carola Bartz said...

What a lovely art walk! I really like the first image. The acorn and leaves sculpture is amazing!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Thanks for sharing Linda. Art walks are so much fun. I love supporting our local artists. Our readers would love reading this at our link party, Dishing It & Digging It. The party is live now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...