Monday, October 10, 2016

Signs of Fall at HEB

The huge grocery chain here in Texas is the HEB, where I shop every week for nearly all my groceries. I usually make the trip on Friday, but I like to make sure I have plenty of time to wander down the aisles. Do you ever look at some of the stuff on the shelves and think, "Who uses that?" Outside the HEB, guess what is on display?




Down the road on 290 East of town is this wonderful place called "Wild Seed Farms", and this is one filed on display.


The temperature is cooling down, and we are supposed to get a bit of rain as well. Nice to have a break in the heat. Have a happy week!

Linda Kay

11 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

You're in gourd heaven.

Lea said...

Lots of pumpkins on display here, too. Love the sunflowers!
Have a great week!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

We had our first cool morning. It was marvelous. Sissy didn't come home and flop on the floor in front of the AC vent, tongue ten feet long. It was marvelous. Wish it could stay like this all year. (66degrees wow)

Mike said...

"Who uses that?" or How hungry did somebody have to be to find out that was edible?

Nonnie said...

All those pumpkins! Wow! I shopped at HEB when I lived in San Antonio years ago. But I also remember another chain grocery there which I wonder if it is still in existence. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of it ... Yes, just came to me ... do you remember Handy Andy? I like HEB and our daughter's mother-in-law has been in their corporate office for most of her working days. I am planning to plant sunflower seeds in the field behind us next February. Would love to see a field of flowers like that all summer.

fishducky said...

I didn't know pumpkins could be multicolored!!

Lin Floyd said...

I love autumn and decorating for it...

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see the sunflowers and what a lovely lot of pumpkins.

All the best Jan

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love all the unusual shapes and sizes...always fun to pick some out! Hugs!

The Furry Gnome said...

That's a lot os squash!

William Kendall said...

There are lots of pumpkins here as well. We've had our first frosty nights of the season.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...