Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Writing for Contests

I've started writing some shorter entries for a variety of writing contests, and I've been published in an anthology for Creative Writing Institute:


Creative Writing Institute is pleased to present its fourth annual anthology – EXPLAIN!

EXPLAIN! is a compilation of 30 short stories written in different genres using the same theme sentence, "Explain how that happened."

Authors include contest winners, finalists and judge's picks, bestselling authors, previous contest winners, the judges, and Creative Writing Institute staff.


Proceeds from sales of the ebook and print book will benefit Creative Writing Institute, a 501(c)3 non-profit charity that sponsors cancer patients in writing courses. The school also provides a variety of writing courses for all levels from beginner to advanced.

In the pages of this, you will find my article "Antics". 

Here's the link to the book on Amazon, available in Kindle and print. 

Have a special week, everyone!

Linda Kay

10 comments:

Tabor said...

Published! That is an accomplishment few have attained. You must be proud and this is a good idea for a Christmas gift.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so happy for you! Way to go girlfriend! I'm off to put it on my wish list! Hugs!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I hope the book draws lots of attention.

Mike said...

Do they have a level called prebeginner short attention span?

Gail said...

Congratulations.

I am in a couple anthologies but none to raise money for a purpose...except their own.

William Kendall said...

Bravo!

Janie Junebug said...

Congratulations! I'm in two anthologies because I was friends with the publisher. I'm sorry to say that the work I gave to her wasn't my best. I'm sure you did very well to have been selected. You are an excellent writer.

Love,
Janie

The Furry Gnome said...

Congratulations! Good work.

pattisjarrett said...

Congratulations!

Grantham Lynn said...

Very cool. I'll spotlight it for you next week.
Congratulations. This is a worthy project! I'll spotlight on the 16th.
Hope the rest of your weeks is good! Stay warm!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...