Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Thoughts and observations


Good morning, indeed! It's almost 60 degrees here in Texas on this Tuesday morning. We've been blessed with some wonderful rain showers and a bit of chilly weather. 

Have you ever reached your point of maxed out with responsibilities? Some of you may know that I am retired from years of accounting as a CPA. When I was asked to help prepare some tax returns for lower income folks here in the community, I signed up back in early October. This morning I attended a meeting of the preparers, and as the leader started describing the amount of study and testing involved to be completed before January 10th, I just put up my hands and said "I can't do it." We are working on a Christmas dinner for those who will spend the holidays alone that requires a lot of planning, and then a lot of time in the kitchen. Our granddaughters are all coming Christmas night to the area, so we will spend the 26th with family, along with several days after. Then we go on a short vacation from Jan 2 - 6th. Whew, I just had no time left. So I volunteered to help fill out the preforms for folks when they come in for help.

I'll be you have been waiting for an update picture on my beautiful little great-granddaughter, who will be here on the 25th.

Hubby harvested a deer on Thanksgiving weekend, so we have a new supply of meat in the freezer.


We are just cool, those of you who share with me in the 40's! Have a blessed week, my friends. 

Linda Kay

16 comments:

Patricia said...

Ha, nice to know I am still cool. Your great-granddaughter is adorable, just the prettiest little girl. Happy Christmas to your and your family!

Anvilcloud said...

It's good to know your limits. Enjoy the hols and visits thoroughly.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Your great-grandaughter is so pretty! That is wonderful news! I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and the entire season.

Tom said...

...a busy time of year...slow down and enjoy it!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How precious! I know you are so excited to have her and have some play time! What a cute smile! Hugs!

Lea said...

She is beautiful! What a joy!
Our neighbor who hunts on our place has killed one deer this season. I am kind of hoping it is the one that has been eating my flowers, but then again, I will miss seeing it coming up to our back door. Such a conflict of emotions about deer hunting season.
Have a wonderful week!
Lea

Lin Floyd said...

good to know when to say no and adjust your responsibilities to still help but less. Happy holidays!

fishducky said...

I was born in the 30's & life has been (& still is) GREAT!!

Janie Junebug said...

That is one beautiful baby. It's seventy-nine degrees at almost 2 p.m. here in Jacksonville. Franklin and I went for a nice walk and met a friendly dog named Rusty.

Love,
Janie

Mike said...

Born in 46.... 7 decades. :)

The Furry Gnome said...

Well, I just make it into that group, but eight decades!? That makes me feel awfully old!

William Kendall said...

Your great-granddaughter is such a cutie!

Saucy Kodz said...

Yep, I am still one Kool Dudette. he,he Your great-grandaughter is so beautiful. What a great smile. So nice to hear you will see and hold her. Much happiness sent your way.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your great-granddaughter is adorable ... bet you can't wait to give her lots of hugs and cuddles.

All the best Jan

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your Great Grand is a doll! Ready for spoiling! Sometimes you just have to say No to extra things, so that you can do what you need to do! :)

Grantham Lynn said...

Sweet baby girl. I know how you feel I am swamped right now too. We are doing a huge meal for 55 on Christmas Day. Thankfully God has blessed and provided everything we need through some very nice people and businesses!
Hope all goes well for you. Enjoy the weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...