Amazing things happen to those cacti in the spring, before they face the hot weather in Texas. Here are a couple of the beautiful blooms on these thorny plants.
I was reading the "Seniorific News" this morning, a publication for here in Fredericksburg. One of the articles relates to volunteering. Here are a few comments:
1. Do something you have always wanted to do, find a resource, and just do it!
2. Look for opportunities that meet your skills and interests.
3. Check into doing a short-term intensive volunteering experience, here or abroad.
4. Stay active and strong - volunteer; you can change your community and yourself.
5. Focus on self-development, maybe public speaking.
6. Check out the website Get Involved
7. Volunteer on the computer, using our technical skills.
8. Volunteer in a school as a mentor or coach.
9. Check out opportunities in your church.
10. Join in with friends and family, meet someone new.
They also had some ads for a laugh:
1. Free yorkshire terrior, 8 years old, hateful little yip, bites!
2. Free puppies: 1/2 cocker spaniel, 1/2 sneaky neighbor dog.
3. Free puppies: Mother is AKC registered German shepherd, father is Super Dog, able to leap tall fences in a single bound.
4. Cows, calves, Never Bred; also one gay bull.
5. Wedding dress, worn once by mistake, Call Stephanie.
I've missed y'all and am going to get back into posting, at least a couple of times a week.