Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Wild Flowers


We have now said good-bye to our beautiful bluebonnets, or at least most of them. The bluebonnet is actually an annual flower, so for them to recur next year, the plant has to dry up and the seeds drop. Therefore, the roads are never mowed until the bluebonnets have completed their cycle.

Along with the bluebonnets, the Indian paintbrush is orange and beautiful, and it has also disappeared. In it's place are three distinct flowers along the highways.


This is Indian Blanket. If you look across this roadside toward the bridge in the background, you can imagine the beauty of these flowers, and they continued all the way to Dallas.


Yellow Coreopsis or Tickseed


Queen Ann's Lace

These are all so beautiful, but my eyes water and I sneeze just looking at them!

Have a wonderful Wednesday, my friends!

Linda Kay

10 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

My goodness! It's one showing after another.

Lea said...

I love the Indian Blankets! I got some one time in a packet of mixed wildflower seed. Have a wonderful day!

Patricia said...

I love those Indian Blanket flowers, which I have seen in Australia but with a different name. The wildflowers of Texas are gorgeous.

Mike said...

I think you need some more rain for your flowers. I'll try and divert some rain down your way.

Lin Floyd said...

ah spring in texas...ah choo! lol....

JLS Hall said...

We still have a few (but a very few) paintbrushes here in the Lake Travis area. I love the Indian Blankets, and was happy to see such a huge crop this year. I missed all these gorgeous wildflowers when I lived up north, and I'm really enjoying them now that I'm back in my home state. Thanks for the lovely photos!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
~ Joy @ joysweb

fishducky said...

A treat for the eyes but not the nose!!

A Colorful World said...

We noticed an absence of bluebonnets when we were back in Texas this past week...but loved all the firewheels, thistles, paintbrushes, primroses and winecups we saw!

William Kendall said...

Some of that we see here, like Queen Anne's Lace.

Lowcarb team member said...

So lovely to see - such a wonderful sight.

All the best Jan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...