Saturday, May 6, 2017

Zimsculpt in Dallas

Hubby and I took a few days off to make the five hour drive to Dallas. We sometimes get a little bogged down in "have to"s, that we don't take time for fun. Our first morning in Dallas, we went to the Dallas Arboretum on an absolutely beautiful day! We were in time to see the ZinSculpt, and you can read about that on the link to the arboretum. The artists are carvers of rock who live in Zimbabwe. A sculptor was working on a project in one of the display areas. These were so beautiful and enhanced the gorgeous garden flowers and trees, etc.







And for fun from the Seniorific News:

A Department of Highways employee stopped at a farm and talked with an old farmer. He told the farmer, "I need to inspect your farm for a possible new road".
The old farmer said, "OK, but don't go in that field."
The Highways employee said, "I have the authority of the State of Colorado to go where I want. See this card? I am allowed to go wherever I wish on farm land.:
So the old farmer went about his farm chores. Later, he heard loud screams and saw the DOH employee running for the fence and close behind was the farmer's prize bull.
The bull was madder than a nest full of hornets and the bull was gaining on the employee at every step.
The old farmer called out, "Show him your card!"

Have a wonderful weekend! Thursday was my grandson's birthday, Friday my husband's.

Linda Kay

10 comments:

Lea said...

Oh, the second sculpture! I like it very much
Happy birthday to the birthday boys!
Have a great week-end!

Anvilcloud said...

This brings to mind a similar sculpture exhibit that I once saw, also in a garden area.

Lin Floyd said...

looks like a fun outing...

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Those are really nice sculptures! And I liked the story!

Mike said...

Lot's of detail in that stump. Someone used more than a chainsaw.

William Kendall said...

A funny joke, and that third one is my favourite.

fishducky said...

Beautiful sculptures; happy birthday, everybody!!

Kay said...

Too funny! Happy Birthday to your two guys!

Michelle F said...

Hi Linda Kay,

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.
My focus, these days, is book reviews. I love it!

Happy Birthday to your grandson & to your hubby!!

Kristen Drittsekkdatter said...

The sculptures are beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...