Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Letter Writing



I was recently reading an article about the value of writing a letter and the healing power it can offer. As we think of people who are suffering from any number of tragedies, would it be helpful to take a few minutes to sit down and write a letter? I read an article in "The Lutheran Journal" recently entitled just that, "The Healing Power of a Letter". Here are a few ideas:

A Letter of apology - looking for forgiveness when you know you wronged someone.

A letter of condolence over a loss - be it a loved one, a home, a job, etc.

A letter expressing regret and seeking forgiveness - looking to the future.

A letter of appreciation - a simple thank you.

A letter of encouragement - young people in school feeling challenged.

A letter of support and comfort - Reach out with kind words.

Have you written a letter or a note recently. There are many who could benefit, I'm quite sure of it. I think I'll get out my stationary!

Linda Kay


6 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

You;re right. There's still something special about getting a card or note in the mail.

Lin Floyd said...

had to laugh at our family missionary age 19 serving in Paris France, we email weekly but she wants some letters in her mailbox! lol. Also helpful is writing a letter to someone but not sending it and then writing back to your self from their poin of view....

eViL pOp TaRt said...

A personal letter of those kind is a thoughtful gesture always!

Mike said...

I'm terrible at writing letters. Especially hand written. I can barely read my own hand writing let alone anyone else.

William Kendall said...

I can't recall the last time I wrote a letter.

Janie Junebug said...

I still write letters. I don't want letter writing to become a lost art, but for many people, I fear it is. Think of all the books of letters written by famous people. Will we publish books filled with emails in the future? I doubt it. They are deleted. We are deleting significant aspects of our lives when we delete our words.

Love,
Janie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...